Which Apps Are Draining Your Phone Battery and how to fix it?
Constantly having a low battery is a pain, and your apps might be to blame. Here’s how to find out which apps drain the most life out of your phone. Luckily, your phone lets you see what is using up the majority of its juice in the settings. From there, you can choose to delete apps that use a lot of battery, limit your use of them, or adjust the app’s settings so it doesn’t continue to collect data and drain your phone when you’re not actually using it.
There are a lot of different reasons your phone battery seems to constantly be below 20%. Your phone’s brightness could be too high or you might be in an area where the service is bad and your phone has to work harder to find a signal, but the most common battery-draining culprits are the apps you have on your phone.
Luckily, your phone lets you see what is using up the majority of its juice in the settings. From there, you can choose to delete apps that use a lot of battery, limit your use of them, or adjust the app’s settings so it doesn’t continue to collect data and drain your phone when you’re not actually using it.
You’ll also want to fix these things that are killing your phone battery.
8 Things That Are Killing Your Smartphone Battery—And How to Fix Them
- The temperature outside, too hot or too cold
- Number of Apps running
- Bad Services
- Too many applications that send you alerts
- Your Phone is old or the Operating System is old
- Your Bluetooth is always on
- You make a lot of calls, take a lot of photos and videos
- Too many apps with GEO-locators running
How To See Which Apps Are Draining Your iPhone Battery
- Go to Settings
- Select Battery
- Scroll down to see Battery Usage by App
- Click on each app to see how many minutes you use it and how many minutes that app uses to refresh on its own in the background
You can also check the overall health of your battery by clicking on Battery Health. If it says that your iPhone is at “Peak Performance Capability,” your battery is healthy. If the Maximum Capacity is anywhere below 90%, your battery is not working at peak performance and you may want to consider purchasing a new battery.
How To See Which Apps Are Draining Your Android Battery
- Open the Settings app
- Expand the Device or Device Care section
- Click Battery. You’ll want to check when the battery on your Android is fairly low to get an idea of what apps are draining it.
- Scroll down to see which apps are using up the most battery
- Tap on each app to see more details about how long the app was active for in the background
By doing so you can find out which apps are draining the battery life and choose whether you want to continue using such apps or not.
How can we help?
If your phone or tablet battery is draining fast, it is always recommended to visit a professional repair shop in order to have your device inspected by a board technician. Our professional technicians can help you with all such issues. Find out more in our battery repairs services section.
Book your inspection today via: